THE RESUME OF CHUCK FOX
Email Chuck Fox
A creative, resourceful business professional with a demonstrated track record of success in the research, development, and production of business communications and media programming. Proven ability to identify project objectives and develop media strategies to increase growth, improve image and identity, and enhance training operations. A results-oriented negotiator with excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Through the skillful interplay of words, images, sound and motion, craft targeted messages that offer insight, compel to action, and enhance value.
* Oversight of creative assignments, insuring the quality of presented solutions in terms of both creative value and strategic accuracy.
* Drive architecture and front-end user experience incorporating fundamental strategies of information design and visual thinking.
* Provide copy direction/writing services on web-based projects.
* Researched and wrote over 150 video scripts for major corporations.
* Conceived and wrote five feature screenplays and two television pilots.
* Parse complex ideas, technical concepts, and management themes into understandable communications.
* Organized program requirements for budget and delivered to client/in-house management for approval.
* Supervise production group responsible for creating and rendering specific programming modules.
* Developed quality processes to ensure that all programming objectives were achieved and production values were maximized.
* Production Manager during the 1994 USA World Cup for German broadcast networks ZDF and ARD.
* Direct management of all phases of concept development and production.
* Create active paradigms for senior managers to effectively communicate strategies to their employees.
* Selected and hired all personnel related to each project and managed the workflow and scheduling in all areas.
* Research and script complex technical training programs for electrical, chemical, computer, and healthcare industries.
* Client-based T&D efforts include producing educational media for healthcare professionals, sales representatives, electrical engineers, administrative staffs, and various service industries.
* Established, along with project team, task analysis and course objectives for these trainees.
* Professional use of broadcast quality audio/video production equipment: BetaSP/DigiBeta, DV, Ikegami, Waveform/Vector, pro lighting and sound.
* Thorough understanding of web-based streaming media technologies including Windows Media, RealVideo, QuickTime, and Shockwave.
Group Cogito, Chicago, IL.
Write, develop, and produce various old and new media programs for corporate and entertainment clients. Strong appreciation of branding and the ability to thoroughly understand client objectives. Currently developing entertainment programming for broadcast and new media markets, including streaming media.
Clients: ComEd/Unicom, Dwight Yoakam, Silvey & Co., Mel Tillis Theater, Stone Temple Pilots, Barkley Corp., and Jam Productions.
Warner Center Hilton and Towers, Los Angeles, CA.
Manager, Audio-Visual Services
Directed audio-visual operations for a 30,000 square-foot hotel/convention facility. Successfully channeled the hotel's AV services from outside vendor to in-house operation, allowing for significant increases in rental service revenue. Manage personnel, facilities, and equipment manifests for business meetings and live events.
Clients: Transamerica, Redken, Mobil, Weyerhaeuser, and Syncor.
ThinkVision, San Jose, CA.
Provided teleproduction services for various Silicon Valley hi-tech corporations. Primarily videoconferencing and related media. Involved with the initial rollouts of Apple's QuickTime software and Claris's HyperCard.
Clients: Apple Computer, Hewlett-Packard, Fujitsu, Tandem Computers, Stanford Research Institute, and Claris.
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL.
Created, wrote, produced, and directed programs ranging from surgical procedures, health information, broadcast commercials, college recruitment tapes, etc. Directed numerous satellite teleconferences on health related issues.
Independent, Evanston, IL.
Provide media services to companies specializing in corporate communications, advertising, and television production.
Clients: J. Walter Thompson, Tatham Laird & Kudner, Marshall Field's, Kraft Foods, Illinois Bell, and Sears.
Moore Business Forms, Glenview, IL.
Create video media for training, sales promotion, management presentations, employee relations, and product orientation. Operate and maintain studio and remote locations. Troubleshoot and repair audio/video equipment.
Celebration Productions, Schaumburg, IL.
Mid-west liaison to the production personnel associated with major rock talent. Coordinate with the promoters, artists, technicians, and local crews to ensure that requested production needs are promptly managed.
Clients: Neil Diamond, Van Halen, Yes, The Who, and Cheap Trick.
NATPE, National Association of Television Program Executives
ITVA, International Television Association
MCA, Media Communicators Association